Your high schooler can go to college this summer for a few days. Not only that, but they can go to the University of Illinois. Todd Gleason has more on the Illini Summer Academies.
Illinois 4-H is proud to offer this hi-fidelity college exploratory experience on the University of Illinois campus. Participants attend academy sessions led by university professors and enjoy a variety of engaging activities that provide a taste of just how cool college life can be. Imagine getting to work alongside university professors while you’re still in HIGH SCHOOL! Imagine getting to hang out on a college campus. Imagine spending five days with kids your age from all across Illinois. That’s what happens at Illini Summer Academies, so stop imagining it and just do it! This program offers teens the opportunity to explore the University of Illinois campus and many degree programs and careers.
All academies feature project-based learning where youth are either conducting experiements, making something, or discovering some aspect of the world few people ever get to see. Learm more about each Academies by clicking the boxes below. It wouldn’t be college without lots of time for socializing, meeting new friends, and exploring campus. There are 15 different subjects to explore.
- Aerospace Engineering $440
- Animal Science $345
- Anthropology $245
- Chemistry $240
- Digital Manufacturing & Rapid Prototyping $350
- Electrical & Computer Engineering $445
- Honeybees & Beekeeping $295
- Human Development & Family Studies $255
- Molecular & Cellular Biology $345
- Vet Medicine $335
- Ag Communications NEW $250
- Journalism: Activating Your Voice of Inclusion in the Media NEW $220
- The Science of Family Experiences NEW $255
- Theatre & Fashion for Stage NEW $285
- Theatre & Hip Hop NEW $285
Dates Dates are 4 PM Sunday June 25 through 11 AM Thursday June 29.
Eligibility The conference is open to youth who have completed 8th grade by June 2017 and and will be at least 14 by Sept. 1, 2017.
Location You’ll stay in the newer living quarters on campus, Bousfield Hall, 1214 South First Street, Champaign